MUSHROOM TRUFFLE FRITTATA
Mushroom Truffle Frittata
10 large eggs
½ teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Parsley Salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons flaxseed
1 cup spinach
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ yellow onion, small dice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup carrot, julienned
1 cup grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest®
1 Tablespoon basil, chiffonade
¼ cup goat cheese crumbles (optional)
Additional Truffle Zest to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Parsley Salt, pepper and flaxseed. Fold in the spinach.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, pour in the extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the yellow onion, garlic, carrot, tomatoes, and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Sprinkle in Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest® and fold in to coat the vegetables.
- Pour the egg-spinach mixture over the vegetables in the skillet, and place in the oven for 30 minutes. If using a pie plate, transfer the vegetable mixture and then top with egg mixture.
- If using goat cheese, remove the frittata from the oven, after 25 minutes, add the goat cheese crumbles, and place back into the oven for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut and serve. Top with some basil chiffonade and dust with additional Truffle Zest®.